Friday, December 19, 2008

an ode to my cllg

My college, my abode
Destiny belies,
For i never wanna leave, i never wanna go.
The moments that have whizzed by, make me long for more
The best years of my life, spent here for sure .

The day we came, our seniors drove us insane
To escape the ragging menace, we even jumped off the terrace!
But some days later, everything was up for a change
For we started realizing what life at college truly meant.

Classes were a regular affair
That often made the students find themselves in despair.
For most of us, "proxy" was the only saviour
Even though it wasn't always an easy affair.

Exam times saw us scurry here and there
When sleepless nights were a common norm everywhere.
Yet we trudged the treacherous paths,
Making use of means that weren't always fair!
To escape the threat of "carry" that always looms over here.

The time to bid adieu has finally arrived
To leave our alma mater, though with a wry.
The memories etched in our minds shall forever stay
For even if eons pass by,
The reminiscence of my college days will always put me on a high......

5 comments:

  1. this poem went up for a print in my cllg magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work out dude...
    m nw thnkn d same abt d cllg..

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWEsum work man!
    U write really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is one of the best poems i've ever read,its outstanding..Simply awesome. makes you feel a complete bond with mind,heart& soul to the coleg....Where we've spend best days ov our life !...ThanQ guda...So nice of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey buddy...!! dis ones leavs me pretty nostalgic....i sumhow see myself 2 yrz frm now...wen i'd hav a similar scenario 2 confront...n a kinda shiver runz down my spine....da very thot of leavn my second abode 4evr...instills in me an emotion beyond description...

    amazing work buddy....!!

    ReplyDelete